- Alan Weiss:The idiots contacted me three times by email, I wrote back with full address, but they explained each time why they woul
- Craig Martin:And it's the people running places like these who are the first to complain that 'Times are hard.' It's the customers
- alan weiss:I have found that it is impossible to get or change appointments with dermatologists, and they act as if they just don't
- John W Lewis:Maybe there is another reason for this choice of specialty. When my mother was trained in medicine (in the UK), she and
- Alan Weiss:And they manage to hire people to run the offices who view patients as annoying cattle shuffling through.
- Garry Beavis:Doctors have captive clientele and somehow consider their mutual obligation to make and keep an appointment to not be an
- Alan Weiss:Just ordered! Why couldn't the liquor store do this??
- Alan Weiss:Thank you!
- Praveen Puri:I googled Konik's Tail, and it seems like it's only available in the UK. The drink Shop says they ship to the US:
- Alan Weiss:I found out she's the owner! When I called on Wednesday a clerk said, "Oh, yeah, we just got that Scotch in!" She later
- Jeffrey Summers:...of course she didn't. She can't be bothered by paying customers! It would interrupt her plans to watch TV or comment
- Alan Weiss:Update: The woman in the liquor store did not call a promised yesterday.
- Jeffrey Summers:Of course it's an issue about personalizing the experience. The problem is that most businesses can't get passed their t
- Praveen Puri:I don't think this is even an issue of personalizing service. Even if you don't know about a customer, you can treat
- Jeffrey Summers:Because all customers/guests are the same and you can't know anything about them in order to personalize your commodity
- ed marsh:@Erik - good article. Like so many areas in business REASONABLE risk mitigation is affordable and sensible. Your artic
- alan WEISS:Glad you like it.
- Craig Martin:Social Needia. I don't think you could have come up with a better and more suitable name. Fabtastic. I'm stealing
- Dave Gardner:Love this, Alan!
- Alan Weiss:Right!?
- Peter McLean:Love the parenthetical comment: "except those who are texting, reading, or putting on makeup"!
- Timothy A. Wilson:I don't know why but this just seems so appropriate of Buddy. I can't stop laughing.
- Jeffrey Summers:Timely and dead on. You really can't get updates from six feet under.
- alan WEISS:Thank you!
- Mark Faust:One of your best allegorical figurations yet! A LOL of a blog.
- Keith McLeod:Alan you and I remember running late, going to the ticket counter, the gal behind the counter saying if you hurry you ca
- Gareth Kane:Ha ha - reminds me of the time a police spaniel came and sat on my foot at King's Cross station and I ended up having to
- Alan Weiss:Cuban Montecristos sand Bolivars. Thanks for the kind words on writing, I had great material.
- Jeffrey Summers:I've seen three movies from Hollywood in the last 72 hours which weren't written as well as this post. You 'da man Alan!
- Jeffrey Summers:It's getting to be par for the course.
Category Archives: Announcements
About two weeks to join us at the outset for the Power of Personal Worth. Build esteem privately and consistently for the kind of life and career you prefer: http://summitconsulting.com/video/The-Power-of-Personal-Worth-and-Fulfillment.php
Print This Post
NOTE: Please contact the address at the end of this request, not me, thanks, Alan:
Solo (or 1-3 person) service business owners : (speakers, consultants, architects, attorneys, massage therapists, hair stylists, manicurists, personal trainers, IT consultants, HR consultants, nutritionists, image consultants, and similar)
Are you great at what you do, but not so comfortable with the financial side of your business?
Have you ever hired a bookkeeper and wished you could get more guidance from them?
If so, we may have a great opportunity for you.
We’re looking for 1-2 special service business owners to join us on a life-changing business journey. You might have heard how some businesses are chosen to become case studies that college students and their professors use to learn consulting on in their MBA programs.
This is a similar volunteer opportunity within a training program for accountants that is designed to help them move from bookkeepers and tax preparers to true business advisors. The accountants will be learning how to help their clients on three fronts:
- Better accounting systems,
- Financial mastery, and
- Increased financial prosperity.
What we’ll be doing
We’ll be reviewing your accounting setup, systems, and financial files and providing you with state of the art suggestions that will help you reduce your accounting costs, increase your business decision-making, and improve profits. We will be helping you implement what you agree to. All of this will be at no charge to you, including the first year of any licenses we purchase on your behalf. All of this will be supervised by a CPA and no student will touch your books directly but they will see the numbers.
What we need you to do and agree to
We’ll be asking you to share your financial information with the individuals in the class. We can keep you anonymous in name if you’d like, and we’ll be asking students to sign an NDA. We’ll also be asking you to join us on the webinars and provide your feelings about how we are to work with, what you think about our suggestions, and more.
We’d like to work with you for at least a 3-month period. Some of the things we’ll be discussing are whether your accounting system is the best fit for your business, if your chart of accounts and other classifications are optimized, how to read your financial statements better, and how to set up budgeting if you haven’t already.
If you feel frustrated with your current accounting system or your numbers, you are the perfect candidate for this.
To find out more or to apply
Email email@example.com for an interview/application. We will only be taking 1-2 people and this is first come first served, so don’t wait. Reach out now before this opportunity disappears.Print This Post
Beware, the Who’s Who scam is back with us lately, telling you you’ve “qualified” to be listed, meaning that you have enough money to buy the book they produce. Who’s Who books and listings with rare exception are ego-oriented nonsense. I placed my dog, Trotsky, in one, once. That’s how strict the vetting is!Print This Post
There are 10 days remaining for the deep discounts for this series beginning in September. It comprises very brief videos, podcasts, and electronic print techniques and boosters each week to continually build and nurture self-esteem.
I’ve found that poor self-worth is the primary reason for less success in one’s endeavors than one’s talents should provide. People allow themselves to be “beaten down,” fall prey to peer pressure, and accept all kinds of unsolicited and destructive feedback.
Esteem can atrophy, like a muscle. This is your weekly strength training. For what amounts to almost pennies per item, receive these three boosts and pragmatic insights weekly. You’ll find the improvement in your self-image and your performance amazing.
You can see videos and details as well as register here:Print This Post
I am selling the domain executivecoaching.net.
It is valued at $3,600. I am willing to sell it outright for $3,000 to avoid having to deal with the Auction process.
Thanks for letting people know about it.
firstname.lastname@example.orgPrint This Post
The 21st Million Dollar Consulting® College class completes the program at Ocean Cliff in Newport, RI. Left to right, top to bottom: Ted Gorski, Hanno Jarvet (Estonia), Liz deClifford, Myron Beard, Emerson Wickwire, Val Wright, Lisa Miller, Don Kelley, Alan Weiss, Marjorie Whittaker, Enette Pauze (Canada).
Print This Post
I’m speaking for the National Speakers Association local chapter in Williamsburg on May 16, 9 to noon. It’s open to the public. You can register here: http://www.nsavirginia.org/site/Print This Post
There is some delusional guy leaving messages and using my name as a reference, who claims that his wife and parents and relatives are diplomats, circus performers, celebrities, and aliens. He also has the secret technology to save humankind. Believe me, he’s not with me and not using my name with permission.
Another guy wrote through my website that I must go visit all his sites because he is a unique and special consultant. When I mentioned that he shouldn’t write to me, he told me I had 24 hours to apologize or he’d expose me to the world. So if I turn into a pumpkin later today, you’ll know it was my own doing.
Be careful out there.
Print This Post