Don’t make things overly complex. If you want to succeed in consulting, here’s the sequence:
1. Determine what you love to do and are great at (your value proposition and “sweet spot.”)
2. Identify your ideal buyer for that value (Market Value Bell Curve).
3. Attract that buyer (market gravity and thought leadership).
4. Provide a variety of interventions to move clients to more involvement, higher fees, and less labor (Accelerant Curve).
5. Continually evolve and generate new IP (reinvention and innovation).
My site has hundreds of free articles, audio, and video covering these steps (summit consulting.com).
© Alan Weiss 2015