There are so many crappy varied sayings people post on Facebook with photos and art work, that I thought I’d do a service to my readers and post the most ridiculous the most profound ones here:
Favorite Facebook Platitudes
• Don’t worry if you’re behind, you’re enabling others to win.
• Life is meant to involve stumbles and falls. Why else would God have invented cosmetic dentistry?
• If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn’t, grow into it. Unless, of course, it’s too small. Then it probably belongs to someone else.
• Human potential is unlimited. Human failure is not. So you have to come out ahead, right?
• Just because others don’t listen to you, doesn’t mean you have no impact so long as you can hear yourself.
• Don’t go changing to try to please me. But do try to please me.
• You will succeed best if you’re original. Just watch what others do.
• They can hit you but they can’t knock you down. The can knock you down, but not forever. They can knock you down forever, but then they can’t hit you any more.
• If you don’t look in the mirror and see beauty, then look in someone else’s mirror.
• Shout “Movie!” in a firehouse. See what happens.
• Accepting failure and defeat is part of growth. Don’t despair if you’re defeated or you fail. But do worry if you never grow.
© Alan Weiss 2012. All rights reserved.